I love pretty baskets and storage boxes. Back in December I found this really cute holiday box on clearance and I just had to have it! I’m in a crazy love for burlap phase and I thought this box would look awesome with some brown paper and burlap.
Here are the simple steps:
- First I covered the sides with the brown wrapping paper I got at The Dollar store. I used Mod Podge Glue (I love this stuff) and with a sponge brush lightly covered the sides and attached the paper one side at a time smoothing it over and then folded it in.
- I was worried that some of the colors would show through the burlap, so I gave it a light coat of brown just to tone down the colors.
- I placed the burlap over the box to measure where to cut. The super nice lady at Hobby Lobby gave me a great tip of pulling out one of the strings to create a straight line to follow when cutting burlap.
- I then covered the top with Mod Podge and attached the burlap. The burlap wasn’t laying as flat as I wanted so I added some hot glue to the edges and that worked better.
- To cover the seams I added two rows of rope along the bottom.
I hope you like how this turned out! Thanks for stopping by.
Linking up at these great parties: