Wow Fourth of July is tomorrow! Here is a fun little project to help you celebrate. This was inspired by Ana White’s Soda Crate plans. I modified mine a bit because I wanted to add a section for napkins.
I used all 1 x 6 wood since I wasn’t creating a handle. I also used some small left over chunks of wood to lift up the napkins a bit.
I added 3 1/8″ to the sides to make up for the addition of the napkin space.
I painted all the wood white before I assembled it. I used wood glue and some nails to put it together.
1. I used electrical tape to tape off the stripes (it was all I had and I didn’t want to go to the sore…shhh don’t tell the hubby).
2. The stars stencil was made with a star punch and some scrap of paper.
3. After it all dried I gave it a good sanding to distress it and round out the corners a bit.
4. I wanted to tone down the colors, so I just used some brown craft paint that was rubbed on with a wet paper towel.
5. Finally I rubbed a black ink pad all over it.
I’m very happy with how it turned out! I hope you liked it too! If you like it, show some love by sharing it, pinning it, liking it or leaving a comment. I love comments! Follow my blog via the links on the right column or via Pinterest and Facebook to keep up with all my projects.
Have a wonderful Fourth of July!
You can find my favorite link parties here!